Pickleball has fast become one of the most popular sports in the US. This low-fi version of tennis and badminton is the perfect way to unwind, giving you everything that you need for a perfect afternoon game in the sun.
But having the right bat for your game is crucially important. This is even more true if you play professional pickleball. If you are struggling to get that perfect spin and serving up that defining hit, then we would recommend that you have the bat with the right level of flex and rebound.
You’ll want a bat that is made out of the ideal materials, as well as having soft and thick rubber handles that will give you enough grip to give you ultimate control over your ball.
But where exactly can you find the best pickleball paddles for a good spin? What materials and features should they have to give you that perfect strike on the first round? How can your paddle be adapted for your game? How much can you be expected to pay for a decent pickleball paddle?
Well, pickleball freaks won’t have to worry any longer, as we’ve compiled a list of the 15 best pickleball paddles currently available on the market.
We’ve also got a buyer’s guide that will help you to determine which are the best pickleball paddles for your particular style of playing, as well as some frequently asked questions.
OUR TOP PICK
Our first pickleball paddleball paddle is favored by professionals, with polymer composite materials that will give you superb ball control and amazing backspin on every one of your serves - introducing the Bantam EX-L Pickleball Paddle.
This comes with textured polycarbonate, which is perfect for having top quality and durability. It has a great length of 15 inches and a 1.8-inch shock guard around the edge of your paddle.
The grip is great for players who have big and small hands.
- Gives you high-quality spin and ball control, enabling you to execute those difficult pickleball shots and get one over on your opponent straight away.
- This is a great pickleball for advanced users, giving them ultimate control and finesse over their shots.
- This will give you decent, predictable shots, allowing you to make sure that it hits home, making all the difference between a great game and a bad game.
- This paddle is comfortable, lightweight and very easy to use, perfect if you don’t want to give yourself RSI from repeated games.
- The grips might have bumps that could be challenging for the average pickleball player. A beginner might want something a bit easier to wield.
This next pickleball paddle has a larger sweet spot, giving you everything that you need to hit that ball with extra precision and skill.
This has an edge guard, so you won’t have to worry about those shots going off-kilter and not in the direction that you desire - introducing the Selkirk Amped Pickleball Paddle.
This guard edge prevents your paddle from splitting in two, which is often a common problem if you are a hardcore player playing after several years.
This paddle is a lot lighter than some of the other models, meaning extra control and sophistication of shots that will definitely up your game significantly.
- This paddle is very lightweight, allowing you to wield it with precision and accuracy. You can be sure that this will not weigh down your pickleball bag.
- This is great for performing backspins and other tricky maneuvers that only the pros can master.
- This has a carbon fiber ring running around the outside that will create that wonderful sweet spot in which you can strike your ball again and again.
- You won’t mis-hit the ball that much at all with this paddle, it gives you the ability to play it smooth and extend yourself for those reaching shots.
- The paddle can feel a little cumbersome. This not be great for players who are just starting out and want to develop their control.
This next paddle is a great model for creating not only good backspin, but giving you that ability to trick your opponent with very complex shots.
This has an edge guard that will improve the feel and control of your pickleball game. This paddle has a decent grip and a great weight - introducing the Paddletek Tempest Wave Pro Pickleball Paddle.
This will give you perfect accuracy and performance with your pickleball game, which is very important for improving and doing well in competitive matches.
It comes in two grip sizes, making it a great paddle for both children and adults to use.
- The variable grip size will be perfect for all the family, fitting larger and smaller hands.
- This has a great sweet spot, improving your attitude to your game, as well as your ability to hit the ball square every time.
- This gives you better control over where the ball hits your paddle, very important when you are getting into a more fast-paced, heated game.
- The composition of this ball is made from textured graphite, which will help increase its tackiness and ensure that you won’t get many mis-hits.
- The price - this is one of the more expensive paddleboards, so we would not recommend it for a beginner who might not appreciate some of the more dynamic elements of this paddle.
This next paddle board has a wonderful grip and gives you that sweet spot, no matter whether you hit the ball hard or soft.
With a pickleball paddle, it is important to have a responsive surface, as the ball itself is often very light and when hit too hard it goes quite a distance - introducing the Engage Encore Pro Pickleball Paddle.
This will give you great control over net and baseline shots which will surely confound your opponent. This has a fiberglass face, which certainly helps achieve that impressive backspin.
The paddle comes with a decent grip, with a 15-inch handle that will help you to extend your reach.
- This has added control technology that will enable you to extend yourself for those hard-to-reach shots.
- This comes with noise-control properties that have been approved by pickleball communities. So you can play all night without disturbing any of your neighbors!
- This has a wider face that obviously increases the hitting area. Improving this will allow you to increase your range.
- This will give you the best spin and control over your ball hits, allowing you to improve your game and hopefully graduate to better paddle later on.
- This is another very expensive paddle that might not be appropriate for users who have just picked up their first paddle.
This next paddle comes with a design in the shape of a teardrop that will give you the utmost control over the ball during competition and leisure games.
It comes with a very innovative paddle core made from Nomex honeycomb, which will ensure a solid rebound off the surface - introducing the Vermont Venom Pickleball Paddle.
This comes with a fiberglass surface that will be very quiet when you hit the ball, again, another very neighbor-friendly pickleball hitter.
If you want to drive forward the ball right into your opponent’s space, then this is the paddle for you.
- This is a very quiet operating paddle - you can extend your practice times into the late evening, overall improving your game.
- The fiberglass makes for responsive and accurate serving and parrying. You can be sure that this paddle will give you consistent hitting results every time.
- This paddle is ideal for players who have some experience at pickleball but want to significantly improve their proficiency.
- The Nomex core of this paddle will last you for a long time, it won’t succumb to splitting like some of the cheaper paddles currently on the market.
- If you are a beginner and are not used to this type of paddle, then you might experience some RSI in your wrist.
This next paddle will give you incredible smoothness and agility when it comes to your pickleball.
It has moisture-wicking properties in the handle, meaning that if you get sweaty, you won’t have to worry about the paddle falling out of your grasp - introducing the Engage Encore Pro Pickleball Paddle.
- This paddle will produce little to zero noise when you are using it, so you won’t have to worry about keeping the neighbors up at all hours.
- This paddle features a specialized grip that will reduce the amount of slip that you might experience from excess sweat.
- It is perfect for all different kinds of players, whether that’s beginner, intermediate or experts, there is something for everyone in this intricate design.
- The teardrop shape has a wider face that will increase your hitting area, allowing you to go for those long reach shots.
- This paddle is heavier than a lot of the others on this list, so you might want to be wary of how intensively you play to avoid a repetitive strain injury.
This next paddle from the very reputable Pro-lite range, with great responsiveness owing to the polymer honeycomb core that will deliver dynamic and firm shots each time.
This paddle is very lightweight, enabling you to perform some of the best aerial stunts on your pickleball pitch - introducing the Pro-lite Crush PowerSpin PickleBall Paddle.
- The weight - this paddle is very lightweight, allowing you to manoeuver your paddle and achieve those tricky leftfield shots.
- When it comes to being the best pickleball, you’ll want to have a paddle that is flexible to adapt to your unique playing style.
- This paddle has a honeycomb texture on the front, giving you plenty of responsiveness over your smooth paddle.
- This has a great grip that will allow you to keep a hold of your paddle during particularly sweaty games.
- This handle could be not easily adapted to those with smaller hands. If you are struggling with a shorter grip, then we suggest that you look elsewhere.
This next pickleball pad is another one from Pro-lite, with a 16-inch length overall that will give you a better chance to achieve reach shots.
This is great if you like to extend yourself during harder shots, working up a sweat and having a handle that won’t let you down - introducing the Pro-lite Rebel PowerSpin Pickleball Paddle.
- This paddle will reduce the number of vibrations in your hand, reducing the amount of shock in your wrist and trauma in your hand overall.
- It will allow you to play longer games, which will certainly be appealing to competition-level players.
- This paddle comes with improved feedback and a sweat-resistant handle, both of which are very crucial for long-term games.
- The handle has been reported by some users as being rather flimsy, which will definitely be an issue if you want to play with it for at least an hour or so.
This next paddle will really reduce the number of mis-hits, which often occurs when the ball connects with the bat at an oblique angle.
It is a very lightweight paddle, with an 8 and a quarter inch body that is perfect for casual games - introducing the Onix Composite Z5 Pickleball Paddle.
- This has a great touch and feel, increasing our connections with the ball because of a wide face.
- This is a paddle that is highly adaptable to entry-level players and pro pickle ballers.
- This increases the levels of spin on your ball, perfect for beginners who are trying to master the art and the professionals who want to continue perfecting their spins.
- This could cause fatigue for entry-level players, as the total weight of the paddle is heavy.
This is another paddle that comes with a fiberglass face, with not only the ability to aim your shot in any specific direction but to make sure every shot packs that extra punch.
This has a great grip on the handle, allowing you to wield your bat even in the sweatiest conditions - introducing the Head Radical Elite Pickleball Paddle.
- Great grip - you won’t have to worry about this one slipping out of your hands.
- This has an increased sweet spot, giving you the ability to be able to score point after point.
- This great pop that you can use for shots with increased power and ultimate control.
- This might require a little practice to get used to before stepping out with it on the pickleball pitch.
This next paddle is made with much more durable materials, with a wider face and a longer handle that will allow you more control in your swing.
You can deliver plenty of amazing, professional shots with this military-grade composition - introducing the Onix Graphite Pickleball Paddle.
- This has a much wider body that will allow amazing control, as well as giving you the ability to be able to deliver professional standard shots.
- The heavier the weight of your paddle then the greater the ability to give your ball the thwacking of its life.
- This is a great paddle for experts who want something with more heft and power.
- The heavier weight might cause your arm to tire out a lot quicker than lighter paddles that you might find on this list.
This paddle has an extra-long length that makes it great for reach shots.
It has an edge guard that means that it won’t shoot off to the side, giving you a more or less on-target trajectory even when it hits the edge of the paddle - introducing the Head Radical Pro Pickleball Paddle.
- The extra length in the handle gives this paddle some extra reach, perfect if you plan on an intensive game.
- The edge guards will help keep your ball at the center of the paddle.
- The shape of this paddle means that you have less of a sweet spot, which will be an issue for a lot of competitive players.
This paddle has an amazing rounded-edge design that makes it a lot more aerodynamic and easier to cleave through the air.
This has a contoured grip in the handle that is comfortable and lightweight - introducing the Selkirk Prime Pickleball Paddle.
- This paddle has a much larger sweet spot that will increase the accuracy and allow you control when hitting it at an angle.
- This paddle is made from very high-quality materials, meaning that it won’t split after being used over time.
- The price - this is one of the more expensive paddles on our list.
This next paddle utilizes a narrower design that increases its aerodynamic properties, allowing you to cut through the air and get to the ball faster.
When it comes to rapid-fire speed games, this is the ideal paddle - introducing the Gamma Sports 2.0 Pickleball Paddle.
- This has a Nomex core that will increase the accuracy of your shot.
- This narrower design will certainly make the paddle a lot easier to cut through the air.
- With less surface area, you have less paddle to strike the ball with.
Our final paddle comes with an amazing streamlined design, with flexible contouring in the handle that will give you greater control in your hand - introducing the Pro-lite Crush Powerspin with SPINtac Pickleball Paddle.
- This paddle is extremely affordable, perfect for beginners who take their pickleballing seriously but don’t want to splash out that much money.
- This design will increase the sweet spot in your paddle and give you increased center hits.
- The length of the handle might be more taxing on your wrist, especially if you’re a newbie.
Best Pickleball Paddles For Spin Buying Guide
There are a few things that you’ll be wanting from a pickleball paddle, especially one that will improve your spin:
Having more control in the handle will ensure a great ability to curl the paddle, delivering those amazing off-center shots.
This will help you cut to the side of your pickleball, an essential move to get that much-coveted backspin that will fluke your opponent.
A Fiberglass Face
The material of your paddle is extremely important, especially for getting a responsive bounce with every hit that you make.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Get A Better Spin on Your Shots?
You have to have the correct technique, your paddle can’t do all the work for you! You should practice your form, making sure that your paddle hits the ball at just the right angle to give you both backspin and forward propulsion.
The reason to perform a backspin is that it results in an unpredictable shot that should unsettle your opponent and give you the advantage from the very start of the game.