- Onix Graphite Z5 Pickleball Paddle
- XS XSPAK Pickleball Paddles
- HEAD Radical Elite Pickleball Paddle
- Gamma Sports 2.0 Pickleball Paddle
- Vinsguir Pickleball Paddles Set
- Buyer’s Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
For those who are unfamiliar with the game, pickleball combines practices from both tennis and badminton to create a game called pickleball. The game uses paddles that are often made from wood and uses a ball that is lighter than a tennis ball as it is made from plastic with holes all around it.
As most people are aware, tennis rackets are often used to play tennis, so why would you want to use a pickleball paddle? One of the main advantages of using a pickleball paddle instead of a tennis racket is the weight of the paddle. You can choose between a lightweight or a heavyweight paddle to make sure you are completely comfortable when playing.
Unlike a tennis racket, a pickleball paddle is made out of wood and doesn’t have the same wire netting as a racket. This prevents the ball from bouncing and straining your arm, so they are also beneficial for people recovering from injuries.
Below are the best pickleball paddles for tennis players to use. Read on to find out more and discover your new piece of equipment!
OUR TOP PICK
This pickleball paddle by Onix comes in one size but it has a 4 and quarter inches grip which makes it very comfortable to hold and fits perfectly into any size hand.
The paddle is made entirely out of plastic so it is a medium weight but very sturdy, and comes in an array of colors.
The paddle is designed for beginners as it is easy to grip and control. Although it is made out of plastic, the handle is made from wood.
This makes the paddle more durable and the wood is easier to grip. There is grip tape surrounding the wood to make it easier to grip and hold when playing, even when sweaty.
The paddle has a wide body which is perfect for precisely hitting the ball when playing.
The weight of the paddle and the wide body allows this paddle to enhance your speed and power when playing. The mediumweight enhances your power if you have a weakness in your serving arm from an injury.
- Wooden handle: A 4 and a quarter grip on the handle and grip tape
- Durable: The paddle is made from durable plastic and the handle is made from wood
- Mediumweight: The paddle is a perfect balance between heavy and light
- Wide-body: Allows a precise hit when playing
- Enhances power and speed: Improves technique if you have an injury
- Colors: Available in a range of colors
- One size: The paddle isn’t available any larger or smaller
Also Available At
The pickleball paddles from XS XSPAK come in a set of two in either blue and red or purple and blue.
These paddles have been approved by the USAPA and come with their bag to be carried in. This helps to protect the paddles and keep them together so they are safe when you are carrying them between places.
The paddle is made from reinforced fiberglass honeycomb technology and polypropylene that strengthens the paddle and allows you to hit powerfully when playing.
This combination also allows you to have complete control. They are suitable for beginners, intermediate, and even advanced tennis players.
The paddles have an edge guard which supports you when playing as it helps to control the ball, and there is grip tape on the handle which makes it easier to hold. This paddle is great for having full control of the racket and ball when playing.
- Color choice: the set of 2 comes in either red and blue or purple and blue
- Quality approved: USAPA approved paddles
- Safe to transport: comes with a protective bag to carry the paddles
- Strong paddle: made from reinforced fiberglass honeycomb technology and polypropylene
- Edge guard: helps to control the ball when hitting it
- Suitable for all levels: Beginners, intermediate, and advanced players can use this paddle
- Grip tape: The handle has grip tape to enhance your control
- Not a wide color choice: Not a large variety of colors to choose from
This pickleball paddle from HEAD has a 4 and quarter inches grip size and is a lightweight paddle. This paddle is perfect for people of intermediate level as it isn’t too heavy and is made from fiberglass for a strong performance when using the paddle.
Combined with the polypropylene honeycomb core, the fiberglass paddle is made from durable materials.
It is also made from Ergo Grip, which helps you to grip the handle more securely to prevent the paddle from slipping. The materials reduce the vibration from the paddle with every hit.
The paddle is one stage down from a graphite paddle but is more advanced than a lightweight paddle. It is a great paddle to introduce beginners to after using a lightweight paddle as it is still sturdy and easy to move with.
Tennis players will find it easy to use this paddle due to it being lightweight and resembling a racket.
- Grip size: Has a 4 and a quarter inches grip size to support you when playing
- Intermediate level: A durable paddle that is still lightweight but more powerful than a lightweight paddle
- Durable materials: Made from polypropylene honeycomb core and fiberglass to improve strength
- Ergo grip: Ergo Grip helps you to grip the handle more effectively when playing
- Reduced vibrations: The materials minimize vibrations after hits, protecting your body from injuries
- A good step up from beginner paddles: Easy to hold, use, and move with when playing
- No edge grip: The surface of the paddle is completely smooth and doesn’t support the ball
Also Available At
This paddle from Gamma is made from graphite and is designed to be used by more advanced players.
The paddle weighs 0.48 pounds so is a heavier paddle, so it may be too heavy for inexperienced players to use as they will become more susceptible to injury as they are unfamiliar with using the paddle.
The grip of the paddle is very supportive as there is a honeycomb grip along the taped handles to improve the grip. The honeycomb cushion is soft and absorbs sweat so the paddle doesn’t slip out of your hand and pose danger to yourself and other players.
The paddle has a flush-fit bumper which helps to keep the ball stable when it hits the paddle to improve your performance. The surface is textured, helping to improve the grip of the ball when it is being hit to improve your confidence when playing.
- Designed for advanced players: Made from graphite and is heavier than beginner paddles
- Honeycomb grip: The handle has improved grip to keep the paddle stable in your hands
- Sweat absorbing: The handle absorbs sweat to keep you feeling confident when playing
- Soft handle: Comfortable grip on the handle
- Flush-fit bumper: The bumper keeps the ball stable on the paddle
- Textured honeycomb surface: The textured paddle surface grips the ball to improve playing
- Unsuitable for beginners: The heavyweight paddle may cause injury
Also Available At
These pickleball paddles from Vinsguir come in a set of 2 and with a bag to carry the paddles to make sure that they are protected when they are not being used.
The paddles weigh 7.8 ounces on their own and are designed to be used by beginners and intermediate-level players.
The design on the surface of the paddle is creative and can be used by any age range, so they are perfect for children and teenagers to use.
The paddle is made from lightweight graphite that is sturdier than fiberglass paddles, so it is extremely durable, strong, and improves your skills as they are very powerful.
You can precisely hit with this paddle as the carbon fiber and polymer honeycomb absorb vibrations and noise, so you won’t get distracted when playing.
The handle absorbs sweat so it reduces the risk of the paddle slipping out of your hand and causing an accident during a game.
- Set of 2: Comes with 2 matching paddles and a bag to protect them
- Lightweight: Each paddle weighs 7.8 ounces and is designed for beginners and intermediates
- Creative paddle design: Fun and stand-out design on the paddle
- Durable: Made from lightweight graphite that is durable, strong, and hits the ball powerfully
- Absorbs vibrations: The carbon fiber and polymer honeycomb absorb vibrations to prevent any distractions
- Sweat-absorbent: Absorbs sweat to keep the paddle stable in your hands when playing
- Creative design can’t be changed: If you dislike the pattern, it can’t be changed on this particular paddle
Also Available At
Before you decide on a pickleball paddle, there are a few things you will need to consider. It is important to take into account what you are looking for in a pickleball paddle to make sure that you get the right paddle for you.
Making sure that you choose the right weight paddle is important for your safety and your playing techniques.
As pickleball paddles can either be lightweight, mediumweight, or heavyweight, you will need to make sure that you get the paddle that corresponds to your playing level.
If you are a beginner, you will need to begin with a lightweight paddle. This will help you to get used to the paddle before you gradually increase the weight.
If you are not used to a heavy paddle and begin using one right away, you could damage your muscles as you won’t be used to swinging the weight.
Although the color can seem insignificant in buying a paddle to use, it is important that you are happy with the color and design that you choose to use. If you will be using the paddle often, it is important that you are happy carrying it around.
Lots of paddles don’t come with a lot of color choices, but some only come in certain patterns or bright colors.
If you are unhappy with the pattern, it is recommended that you choose a different paddle as you don’t want to feel uncomfortable using your paddle as it would be a waste of money.
If you are prone to becoming sweaty when exercising, as the majority of people are, it is important to stay as safe as possible when playing a sport involving equipment. You want to avoid dropping the paddle or having it slide out of your hand by accident.
Lots of pickleball paddles have sweat-absorbent handles that allow you to feel comfortable when playing as the paddle will remain stable.
It is also a good idea to choose a paddle that has a wooden handle that is wrapped in grip tape as this will have a better grip than a paddle with a plastic handle.
Carrier Bag Included
Making sure that your paddles are safe will become a priority as a keen tennis player. Having a bag included when you buy your pickleball paddles will ensure that they can be safely transported without risk of damage or becoming lost.
The bags come with sections that are separate for your balls and paddles so there is no risk of scratching and it is a good idea to use them to make sure that you don’t drop the paddles.
Lots of the bags have adjustable straps so they can fit you properly and not risk getting dropped or sliding off your shoulder.
Paddles that are made from polymer honeycomb with added carbon fiber can eliminate any noise or vibrations when your paddle hits the ball. These paddles are great to practice improving your technique as they reduce any distractions when playing.
Not all paddles have this feature, so you want to look for the specific materials that the paddles are made out of to ensure that they absorb vibrations.
If you are recovering from an injury, you want to reduce the risk of your arm absorbing shock, so eliminating the vibrations will help you to feel more confident and comfortable when playing.
When you invest in pickleball paddles, you want them to last you for a while and be able to withstand powerful hits. Making sure that the material that the paddles are made out of is durable is important in making sure that you will not be disappointed with your paddle.
Graphite paddles are usually heavyweight paddles that have been designed for beginners, but lightweight graphite paddles are available for beginners and intermediate players.
Graphite is extremely durable and can withstand a lot of pressure. Plastic paddles are usually the weakest material, so be wary if you decide to go for plastic.
Frequently Asked Questions
Get your last-minute questions answered here!
How Are Pickleball And Tennis Different?
Pickleball and tennis are very different due to the size of the rackets. The pickleball paddles are a lot smaller in width than tennis rackets, but pickleball paddles are wider. Tennis rackets also have nets for the ball to bounce on whereas pickleball paddles have smooth surfaces.
As the rackets are different, lots of people assume that you cannot use a tennis racket to play pickleball, and vice versa. However, there are lots of similarities between the two, and people who play both sports favor both of the rackets equally.
Can You Use A Pickleball Paddle To Play Tennis?
You can use a pickleball paddle to play tennis, but you would be at an unfair advantage against someone who was using a tennis racket to play. Pickleball paddles don’t allow you to hit as far as tennis rackets do, but they do allow you to hit powerfully at short distances.
Pickleball paddles are popular for people to use who are recovering from injuries but want to protect their arms from becoming strained.
A lot of the force from a tennis racket comes from the arm, but a pickleball paddle is heavier, meaning that a lighter touch will hit the ball powerfully.
What To Look For In A Pickleball Paddle?
You must make sure that you choose a pickleball paddle based on your level of playing. You also want to make sure that you will be comfortable when playing, so choose a paddle that you can comfortably hold. You will also want to make sure that the paddle is durable, strong, and hits the ball powerfully.
When you are choosing your pickleball paddle, you want to make sure that you are completely happy with your choice. You want to be comfortable but you also want to provide yourself with good support and power to improve your skills when playing.
There is no right or wrong pickleball paddle to choose from, you just need to make sure that it will last. The paddles listed above are the best paddles for tennis players to use as they are for a variety of levels and are very durable.